Styling This Summer's Hottest Trends
Levi's 501 jeans, all white looks, slip dresses and layered necklaces...these are the trends we're loving this summer. Here are our PATRICIA tips on styling these classic looks.
Classic (ageless!) Levi's 501 Jeans
In 1873, workers who’d flocked to the American West in search of fortune needed pants that could work and endure, so Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis combined quality denim and rivet reinforcements, creating the first pair of blue jeans: the Levi’s® 501® Original.
Our Levi's are possibly the most important wardrobe staple we could offer. Style a distressed pair with a crisp linen shirt, a camisole and blazer, or with a silk blouse and bangles for evening.
PATRICIA is your source for classic Levi's in traditional shades of indigo, plus white, off-white and other shades you probably didn't know you needed.
Levi's 501's were designed before zippers were invented. The button fly on 501's is today a signature of this enduring brand.
Love: All White For Summer
"When it comes to creating a chic and statement-making look, an all-white ensemble is a perfect option. All white can suit almost any occasion, including formal and casual events. Likewise, white also works for all seasons, appearing light in summer and luxurious in winter.
Taking minimal to the maximum in the best of ways, head-to-toe white is a simultaneously understated and bold style.
So, why get bogged down in black when you could be rocking glorious white? All you need to pull off the look is a little inspiration, and we can help. " trendspotter.com
Style It: The Slip Dress
The ultimate in lightweight elegance, we adore the ease of a slip dress. With this wardrobe staple, you can easily move from daytime to evening. The slip dress is a versatile and super-feminine way to keep your other layering pieces in rotation all year 'round. Here are the ways we love to style it....
1. Add a long blazer or cardigan.
2. Layers can be as flowing as this look, above, or more structured.
3. Mix textures like this cotton blouse over a satin slip dress.
4. With simple accessories or tailored layers, the slip dress is a hard-working wardrobe staple.
HINT: Need a good bra solution for your new slip dress? Try silicone Gel Petals.
Trend: Layered Necklaces
How to layer necklaces for the best jewelry trend of the summer?
- Stack at least three necklaces at a time - an odd number looks better in any grouping.
- Stagger the length of your necklaces, starting with the shortest. The higher your collar line, the shorter your necklaces should be.
- Add length with a lariat necklace. They're super on-trend right now.
- Play with pearls strung with leather for added texture.
- Style a bold necklace with more dainty chains.