Spending so much time at home these past several months reminds us that the things we love most - the objects that inspire and comfort us - are essential to bringing a positive vibe to every room. That definitely includes the kitchen, where we're gathering A LOT these days for local take-out and homemade favorites.
While you might be practicing mindfulness at many points during your day, the peace of being present isn't always in synch with humdrum kitchen chores. Paying attention to the smells, textures and taste of everything you're prepping and chopping centers you, cloaks you in a sense of well-being.
Mindfulness applied to daily kitchen chores really does bring us added joy, as do the tools and serving pieces we use to prep and present our food. It's not complicated - it's just purposeful.
Five ways to add more joy to your mealtime:
1. Handblown glass vases by Penland artist Nate Cotterman deliver an artisanal touch to your table. Add a single stem or simply let the sensuous curves of Nate's vessels stand alone. Nate uses traditional Viennese glassblowing techniques to craft modern interpretations of glass.
2. Try a new platter from HAAND. The organic shapes and rich colors of HAAND's plates and platters are loved by top chefs all over the country. They're fired at the same temperatures as fine industrial porcelain, so their lustrous glazes resist chipping - perfect for everyday use.
3. Oversized stonewashed linen napkins from LinenCasa instantly upgrade your tablescape. Lux, textured and softer with every wash, linen is the best choice for everyday (like the French, embrace those wrinkles). Founded by a husband and wife team passionate about the inherent attributes of natural, stonewashed linen.
4. A PATRICIA favorite! Our Rose & Fitzgerald horn tumblers are ethically sourced and beautifully marbled Ankole cattle horn indigenous to East Africa. As a handsome addition to the table and the bar.
5. Double down on abience with a West Third Brand candle. Renowned for their handcrafted, limited batch aromas, West Third Brand has hand-formulated scents since 2008. Each scent is a minimalist blend of earthy botanicals that evokes this brand’s quintessential American style.
Elevate the everyday with us at patriciafinds.com