PATRICIA | T. Talks
"WE BELIEVE IN THE BEAUTY OF BALANCE"
Donna Lane Day Spa & Sorella Apothecary
Michelle Yow, founder of Donna Lane Day Spa, is the skin care voice we trust. When she discovered Sorella Apothecary a few years ago, we were on board. Since then, it's our problem solving, skin-enhancing, glow-inducing go-to.
Michelle aligns with Sorella's philosophy in many ways. Sorella is a professional skin care line that balances the best of both science and nature. They combine natural, old-world philosophies with a dose of modern day science to create products that bring balance back to the skin. We think you'll value the personalized care Michelle and her team offer each devoted client, and with Sorella, you'll begin to see a big difference in your skin.
Above, Trish's personal line-up of Sorella products from Donna Lane.TIP:Summer Skin Do's and Dont's from Sorella:
Life/Art Balance: Jewelry Designer Heather BenjaminHeather Benjamin jewelry designs are inspired by rituals, symbols and stories.At the heart of Heather's creations is a sense that engagement with the natural world connects us to beauty at its purest level. And that this connection fosters the kind of understanding and compassion so deeply needed for our planet and all its beings to survive and thrive.Brought together with recycled silver and gold, jaspers, chalcedonys and agates are the stones that tell her stories.
"My pulse still quickens as I discover new ingredients. I revel in the distinct and diverse orbital patterns of Jasper from coastal Madagascar. My heart is pulled on a journey through the meandering topographic-patterned, sliced-banded agates formed out of Volcanic rock, pressure and time. It’s the unpredictable and powerfully soulful process of storytelling. I fall in love again and again.My mission with my company, and with all of my creative work/life, is in this way so much more than adornment; it’s a way to connect: to ourselves, to each other, and to the world around us."
LINE Cashmere Blend T's
Reason to obsess. Right now. It's our newest collection at PATRICIA and it's perfectly suited to rectangular-shaped meetings (Zoom, ya'll), relaxed home vibes or a bit dressier with this season's stacks of leather strung pearls, gold charms and chains. It just works. And it works hard. T-shirts and light knits are individually dyed for a unique richness of color.
EAT: The Best Of Local Right Now
Eggplant Hummus Wraps With Smoky Tomato Confit, from Viktoriastable.com (pictured above)
Eggplants, cherry tomatoes and a bumper crop of peaches arrived on our doorstep this week and we went roasting mad! We experimented with some new recipes to share with you now. The organic feel of our HAAND serving pieces underscored the rich colors of the food and kept the farm-to-table mood intact. Add our linen napkins from LinenCasa and the table is set! Please pass the Rose...
Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Peaches, allrecipes.com (above) NOTE: we salted and peppered our peaches after sprinkling with olive oil and before wrapping in prosciutto - seemed to really boost the flavor.
Beautifully simple, as always!
Spending so much time at home these past several months reminds us that the things we love most - the objects that inspire and comfort us - are essential to bringing a positive vibe to every room. That definitely includes the kitchen, where we're gathering A LOT these days for local take-out and homemade favorites.
While you might be practicing mindfulness at many points during your day, the peace of being present isn't always in synch with humdrum kitchen chores. Paying attention to the smells, textures and taste of everything you're prepping and chopping centers you, cloaks you in a sense of well-being.
Mindfulness applied to daily kitchen chores really does bring us added joy, as do the tools and serving pieces we use to prep and present our food. It's not complicated - it's just purposeful.
Five ways to add more joy to your mealtime:
1. Handblown glass vases by Penland artist Nate Cotterman deliver an artisanal touch to your table. Add a single stem or simply let the sensuous curves of Nate's vessels stand alone. Nate uses traditional Viennese glassblowing techniques to craft modern interpretations of glass.
2. Try a new platter from HAAND. The organic shapes and rich colors of HAAND's plates and platters are loved by top chefs all over the country. They're fired at the same temperatures as fine industrial porcelain, so their lustrous glazes resist chipping - perfect for everyday use.
3. Oversized stonewashed linen napkins from LinenCasa instantly upgrade your tablescape. Lux, textured and softer with every wash, linen is the best choice for everyday (like the French, embrace those wrinkles). Founded by a husband and wife team passionate about the inherent attributes of natural, stonewashed linen.
4. A PATRICIA favorite! Our Rose & Fitzgerald horn tumblers are ethically sourced and beautifully marbled Ankole cattle horn indigenous to East Africa. As a handsome addition to the table and the bar.
5. Double down on abience with a West Third Brand candle. Renowned for their handcrafted, limited batch aromas, West Third Brand has hand-formulated scents since 2008. Each scent is a minimalist blend of earthy botanicals that evokes this brand’s quintessential American style.
Elevate the everyday with us at patriciafinds.com